About Insurance

Social security & Insurance

A health insurance is required for the long stay holder.

If you are planning to stay in France less than 3 months, you don’t need to subscribe a health insurance, however we recommend you to have a private insurance.

How to subscribe ?

There are some procedures before the subscription:

  • A valid VISA (OFII)
  • An enrollment  in a high institution

You can complete the procedure online.

Health insurance: https://etudiant-etranger.ameli.fr/#/

Information to fill in:

  • Name( Last name and first name)
  • Date of birth
  • Nationality
  • Email address 
  • Home address
  • Telephone number

Documents need to provide for pre-subscription :

  • ID card
  • Long stay VISA “student”

You are going to receive your provisional social security number.

Documents need to provide after the pre-subscription :

  • Birth certificate
  • Residence Permit
  • RIB

You are going to receive your vital card (health card) your at your resident.